Traffic violations are serious. They can lead to an accident, which is a major cause of death and injury on the road. So if you’re committing any of these traffic violations, make sure you stop before it’s too late.
1) Driving without your headlights on in the daytime: It doesn’t matter how sunny or cloudy it is outside – driving without your headlights on during the day is illegal and dangerous for other drivers around you.
2) Making a right turn at a red light: Unless otherwise indicated by signage or markings, making a right turn at a red light when there isn’t another vehicle coming from that direction will result in points against your license and fines.
3) Rolling through a stop sign: You should always come to a complete stop at an intersection or when there are other vehicles in the area. Even if it’s just for a second, rolling through a red light can lead to accidents by causing drivers around you to slam on their brakes.
4) Running a red light: If you’re waiting at an intersection to turn left and no other vehicles are coming from the right, then it is perfectly legal for you to go ahead when the light turns green. But if you see any vehicle oncoming in your direction while waiting at a red light or stop sign, make sure you wait until they pass before proceeding through.
5) Double parking: Double parked cars can block traffic, make it difficult for other vehicles to pass, and force drivers to take unsafe maneuvers.
6) Following too closely: Double-check your rearview and side mirrors every few seconds to make sure that you’re not following other vehicles too closely. You should always maintain a safe distance of at least two car lengths behind the car in front of you so that it will give you enough time to react if they stop suddenly.
7) Tailgating: It’s not only illegal but dangerous to follow a car too closely. Tailgating is one of the leading causes of accidents on the road because drivers typically stop more abruptly than they would if they were being followed at a safe distance.
If you ever get caught because of these violations, the officer in charge may impose a heavy fine and even a jail term. The only way to get out of it is by hiring a skilled traffic violation attorney like Mitchell S. Sexner & Associates immediately. So, pick one carefully.